Rural Builder magazine is part of a growing network of magazines and trade shows owned by Shield Wall Media.
Rural Builder is a business-to-business publication that covers the news, companies, products, and information that professionals involved in post-frame building, metal frame building, and other types of rural construction, need. Originally launched as Farm Building News in 1967, Rural Builder works hard to provide constructive help with eight issues per year, including an annual Buyer’s Guide that puts suppliers and contractors in touch with each other. You will find tips and tricks, ideas and solutions for projects, and information about industry education and trade shows.
How Rural Builder is Unique:
• The longest running publication on low rise, rural construction. 50+ years.
• Emphasizes agricultural, commercial and residential construction receiving limited coverage in competing publications.
• 62%+ of Rural Builder subscribers are builders or contractors. Primarily in post frame and metal frame construction. Our readers are the people and companies who use and need your products and services.
• 63% of Rural Builder Subscribers are management or senior management at their companies. Our readers are the decision makers who can buy, or authorize the purchase of, your product.
• Our subscriptions have been constantly renewed and deduped for the last 3 years.
• We actively seek your input. What topics in the industry need more coverage?
About Our Readers:
• 63%+ of our readers are involved in post frame, metal frame or modular buildings
• 62%+ of our readers are involved in contracting
• 64% of our readers are Owner/President/Partner or management at their companies
• 80% of our readers have renewed subscriptions within 2 years
In Every Issue:
• Project of the Month
• 50 Years Ago
• Business Profile
• Supplier News
• Industry News
• Frame Building Expo Preview
• Product Feature: Reflective Insulation
• State of the Industry
• Ag Feature: Dairy Buildings
Advertising Deadline: December 13, 2022
• Highway Storage Buildings
• Product Feature: Daylighting and Polycarbonate
• Ag Feature: Livestock Waste Handling
Advertising Deadline: January 24, 2023
• Moving a Building
• Product Feature: Work Trucks
• Ag Feature: High Tech Rural
Advertising Deadline: March 7, 2023
• Gold Key Edition
• Product Feature (Ag): Grain Handling
• Mid Year State of the Industry
Advertising Deadline: May 18, 2023
• Source Book Edition
Advertising Deadline: June 22, 2023
• Ag Feature: Farm Stores (projects)
• Product Feature (Ag): Livestock Flooring
• METALCON Preview
Advertising Deadline: July 6, 2023
• Ag Feature: Clean Products for Livestock
• Product Feature (Ag): Doors for Critters
• Big Clear Spans
Advertising Deadline: August 29, 2023
• Gravel Flooring
• Product Feature: Polycarbonate
• Ag Feature: Ventilation for Livestock
Advertising Deadline: October 10, 2023
OCTOBER 26-27, 2022
NEW ORLEANS, LA
SEPTEMBER 27-28, 2023
The Construction Rollforming Show is unique. If you roll form or use benders or brakes to form panels, channel, studding, soffits, gutters, carport or other construction components this is your show. The educational programming and exhibitors are tailored specifically to companies that roll form or metal form for the construction industry. This IS NOT a show for small contractors. This is a specific niche of manufacturers and builders large enough to do their own fabrication and buy materials and components in pallet, container or truck load lots.
JANUARY 18-19, 2023
Since we publish magazines that have been around for decades, Shield Wall Media has long-standing relationships with suppliers and manufacturers. The Garage, Shed & Carport Builder Show brings many of them together so builders of special-use residential structures can find the materials and services they need all in one place. In addition to a robust exhibit hall, the show includes educational sessions and other networking opportunities for manufacturers and shed builders.
Director of Sales:
Corporate Mailing Address:
Shield Wall Media
PO Box 255
Iola, WI 54945